Sign On BONUS! Do you enjoy working with your hands? Looking to start learning and growing with a successful company? Apply today!! Etna is hiring for the best in class to help support team members in our Welding and Fabrication Shop!
Great Benefits! Quarterly Bonuses!
Check out our shop >>> https://me-mfg.com/
1st Welding Shop Helper ( Entry Level ) Job Summary:
Loading, driving, and unloading materials to fulfill customer and company needs. Run lathe and perform machine shop operations to meet customer expectations.
1st Welding Shop Helper ( Entry Level ) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience as a Shop Labor.
- Run lathe
- Perform machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the foreman.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Perform preventive machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Use care in the handling of all materials and products.
- Operate all material handling equipment safely while adhering to all safety regulations.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Shop Labor Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of machine shop equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills with or without use of a calculator.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma and/or equivalent experience; or
- Three–years lathe operation experience (manual operation lathe equipment); or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Welding experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment.
Welding Shop Helper Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; handle, grasp, reach; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to bend and stoop; push and pull; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to sit for long periods of time, climb in and out of the truck and up and down from the trailer.
- Occasionally required lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside occasionally with possible exposure to extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.
Welding Shop Helper #IN23