MD/DO - Physician -Neurology-Vascular
About Metro Health – University of Michigan Health
Integrated Healthcare System
Metro Health serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan – and beyond. In addition to a 208-bed hospital, which provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, Metro Health has a growing number of neighborhood outpatient centers and offices throughout West Michigan. We also provide a community clinic for the under-served and student health clinics on the campuses of Grand Valley State University and Aquinas College. With more than 500 physicians on staff, Metro Health provides a growing number of specialty health services, including cancer treatment, heart and vascular, neurology, pulmonology and others. Many are members of the Metro Health Medical Group.
- University Affiliated Hospital
- Located in beautiful West Michigan
- 15 minutes from Gerald R. Ford International Airport
- Approximately 35 minutes from Lake Michigan
- Affordable housing
- Supportive community with good public and private schools
Responsible for the direct health care of a specified patient population in Metro Health and practices within defined, requested privileges.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Recognizes and reports problems, errors, and discrepancies to the Site Medical Director and VP/COO of Metro Enterprises.
- Reports to work on time, as scheduled, and is dependable and cooperative.
- Organizes and prioritize assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround-time requirements, and commitments.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Conducts themselves in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Handles difficult and sensitive situations tactfully.
- Adhere to the Hospital's corporate compliance standards regarding proper documentation for billing and reimbursement purposes and also relative to the teaching physician supervision of interns and residents.
- Perform all other related duties as necessary.
Requisition #: req3463FTE status: 1