Receiving Coordinator - Materials Management * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1714
Shift: Days (7:00a-3:30p)
FTE status: 1
Under limited supervision, the Receiving Coordinator is responsible for the receipt, inspection, verification and recording of all incoming supplies, linens and equipment. Coordinates the receiving and delivery process to ensure that incoming supplies and equipment are delivered expeditiously to departments in order to effectively support hospital operations. The Receiving Coordinator serves as the Storeroom Team Lead providing work direction to staff in order to facilitate the efficient workflow within the Materials Management Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of supply chain, materials management and /or receiving experience required with hospital supply chain / receiving experience preferred.
- Must have computer knowledge and experience. Must be proficient using a computer with a Windows operating system. Training will be provided on how to operate and utilize the Materials Management computerized inventory system.
- Work independently and mange time appropriately.
- Must be flexible and accommodating.
- Must make effective decisions when problems arise.
- Planning skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all receiving dock activities including receiving, inspecting, verification and recording of all incoming supplies and equipment.
- Ensures the receiving dock and bulk warehouse are organized and maintained in order to facilitate efficient product flow.
- Functions as the storeroom team lead in overseeing the daily operations, providing work direction and redirecting work as needed in order to ensure the storeroom functions efficiently and meets the needs of the end users.
- Assist management with identifying and meeting staffing schedule needs. Monitors daily storeroom operations and escalated personnel and disciplinary issues to management for resolution.
- Oversees the materials management staff workflow, including case cart assembly, in the warehousing and distribution of all products, equipment and linens.
- Leads the daily storeroom supply status meeting and attends the daily Patient Safety Briefing.
- Coordinates with the Inventory Control Clerk to establish adequate par levels.
- Collaborates with Purchasing and other departments to coordinate the process for handling incoming capital equipment purchases.
- Works with department management and other staff as needed to facilitate the product recall process.
- Coordinates the claims process with freight carriers and / or vendors for damaged or short shipped goods to ensure the timely replacement of these goods.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes and procedures, pursuing learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.