One Twenty Three Tavern is dedicated to delivering an unparalleled dining experience, and it starts with a “Hello!” This is why our team is looking for warm, friendly, and people-oriented Host/Hostess(es) to join us at One Twenty Three Tavern and create space where story happens!
One Twenty Three Tavern is a state-of-the-art facility with a full kitchen and bar, is adjacent to Celebration Cinema, directly below Studio C’s music venue, Listening Room, and is surrounded by multiple retail shops, an office building, hotel and residential housing.
If you have a passion for food, people, and giving great service, then we encourage you to begin the next chapter in your story with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers as they enter, and thank them as they leave
- Seat guests at suitable tables for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of tables
- Pre-bus, clear tables, and wipe them down
- Wipe down menus
- Make sure that the host stand is stocked (crayons, kid menus, reservation forms, etc.)
- Set up the patio in the a.m./close down in the p.m. (seasonal)
- Run food and beverage when necessary
- Provide guests with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment
- Seat guests and inform them of daily specials
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed
- Learn food and beverage menu
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff
- Answer phone calls, take reservations and “to-go” orders, and ensure all questions are answered
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years customer service experience preferred
- Certifications for Food Safety and alcohol management required
- Able to work within deadlines and under pressure
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, outgoing, and a team player
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to be on your feet and active for 8 or more hours, climb stairs, lift up to 50lbs, and use basic cleaning equipment
- Must love people and food!
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, Long Term Disability, PTO and 401K - Must meet eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Movies and Discounted Food & Concessions!
- A fun, friendly, and encouraging culture in an exciting industry with endless popcorn refills!