Do you have experience within Purchasing and working with vendors? Are you a go getter, willing to ask why and like to toss crazy ideas around to see what sticks? Etna is seeking a skilled Buyer with a background in Underground/Waterworks with a knack for negotiating optimum values.
Etna Supply offers great Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, life and disability, bonuses, paid time off, flexible scheduling and so much more!
Buyer Job Summary:
Responsible for buying needed materials for the company at the best value, while taking into account the quality, availability and programs associated with the product. The Buyer also assists in supplier development in order to build strong supplier relationships and capitalize on supplier capabilities.
Buyer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and others may be assigned. (Etna standard language just want to keep consistent.)
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Build partnerships and relationships with vendors by interacting through both face-to-face and remote means (email, telephone).
- Deliver on-time, accurate product and spend-related information to Etna requestors as needed.
- Maximize knowledge of current commodity markets and supplier agreements to optimize ETNA’s position in the marketplace.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure lowest possible landed cost for all product. Understand total purchase cost inputs including price, freight, surcharge, payment terms, lead time, discounts, rebates, incentives, cancellation charges, restocking fees, etc.
- Communicate with vendors about purchase order pricing, quantity, delivery, returns and vendor AD/TDG promotions.
- Generate and issue purchase orders for stock and non-stock items as requested and as needed. Amend and reissue purchase order revisions as required.
- Optimize excess and non-stock inventory levels through transfer between locations as needed and returns to vendors as possible. Disposition obsolete inventory through a joint effort with inventory control, branch management, sales and finance.
- Execute ETNA credit card purchases for inventory as needed.
- Ensure validity and standardization of master data including part numbers, vendor notes, category, class, vendor price (list and cost).
- Work directly with warehouse to resolve inventory and purchase order issues.
- Coordinate and request quotes / bids from vendors.
- Utilize ERP system to maximum capabilities to optimize efficiency.
- Complete assigned projects as directed.
- Utilize Lean principles to remove waste in activities and processes.
- Work safely.
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of products sold and their applications.
- Ability to successfully negotiate prices and agreement with suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines while easily adapting to changing situations.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and stress management skills.
- Active listening and consensus-building skills with the ability to build credibility with all stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and general ERP system functionality.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Effectively read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, product specifications and procedures manuals.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as margins, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Participate in industry-related continuing education including webinars, seminars, workshops, conferences.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or supply chain preferred; or
- Five years of wholesale distribution environment while utilizing ERP and centralized planning: or
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
Buyer Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk and hear; and use fingers.
- Regularly required to walk and stand; reach, grasp, and handle.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening. #IN23