We are hiring a Sales Consultant to support the Steelcase Learning department in order to drive sales growth in the Americas education and corporate learning markets.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Nurture dealer, customer and partner experiences designed to improve our market share and accelerate the trial and large-scale adoption of our solutions
- Develop competencies as subject matter and Education core products expert within Higher Education and Corporate markets
- Work with Steelcase Sales and Dealer DSPs to build product knowledge and expertise for positioning Education Core products to own and grow the pipeline
- Create relationships with Dealer DSPs at top 50 dealers to lead opportunity strategies to increase share of wallet (SOW)
- Support Steelcase Sales to engage learning resources in opportunity strategies to increase win rate
- Align with Smith System Regional Sales Managers on K12 local market strategies
- Facilitate Digital Marketing initiatives with results tracking with Inside Sales
- Develop competitive information for assimilation within the field
- Lead virtual and in person tours
- Promote Technology Integrated Classrooms
- Lead promotion/connection of Steelcase Learning with Industry trade organizations (EDspaces, Educause, ISTE, A4LE)
- Gather information on competitors and their product strengths and weaknesses channeling the information to Product, Marketing and Sales Management
- Act as an advocate for field sales on concerns negatively impacting their capability for supporting all audiences
- Work with Principal, Education Consultant on target sales opportunities and Grant by Invitation program
Who You Are:
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business, design or marketing
- At least 5 years of field sales experience with proven sales record
- Understands sales processes and are comfortable working independently and collaboratively with all internal team members and external stakeholders - customers, A+D and dealers
- Experience offering added value to priority account sales strategies, marketing activities and events
- Prior experience developing sales resources to support RFPs and presentations
- Keep abreast of best practices, trends and innovative sales and consumer engagement approaches
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Thorough understanding of dealer design and sales process
Why People Choose to Work with Us:
At Steelcase, we put people at the center of everything we do. We understand the role of work and believe that it can bring meaning and purpose to the lives of our customers and our employees. We prioritize supporting our employees both in and out of work, in all aspects of their lives. When we bring our talents together, we make a positive lasting impact through our work and communities.
Who We Are:
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.
Our Approach to Hybrid Work:
At Steelcase, we know that work matters and can provide people with a deep sense of purpose. The workplace offers us a shared space designed for community, innovation and learning, a place to connect and conduct our most meaningful work. As such, our office is the primary hub for doing work, but by no means is it the only place.
Steelcase employees have always had a say in where they work - whether that is in the office, at home, or somewhere in between. We will continue to maintain this practice as part of our larger hybrid work strategy.
Our employees know their working style best, which is why they have the choice and control to choose how and where they work. This belief extends beyond just working on or off-campus, but also to where our employees work within our office. Because our life’s work is to create the best workplaces, our employees benefit from that expertise and quality in our own spaces.
While flexibility varies by role and team, we support choice and control for our employees so they can choose the best place to do their best work.
What Matters to Us:
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.