Job Title: Packaging Technician - 3rd Shift
Department / Division: Personal Care / Manufacturing
Location: Ada, MI
What do we need:
We are looking for a Packaging Technician to join our team in our Personal Care facility.
What’s special about this job:
The Personal Care Manufacturing Plant at Amway produces a variety of personal care products both unique to the Amway business. This high-volume plant provides the opportunity to learn, develop and grow into multiple skill sets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available in the versatile flow-to-work environment. This department is a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility that produces products that fall under the definition of a drug which subjects us to standards that meet the requirement of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and other equivalent agencies around the globe. This role will be a part of a collaborative team with the opportunity to learn all aspects of the plant’s operations. The schedule for this position will work on 3rd shift, 11:00pm – 7:00am (Sunday night – Friday morning). This position may require scheduling flexibility to train on 1st shift (7:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday) for the first week. Amway Manufacturing operates in a OneTeam Structure with a skill development system to help you succeed. To get a look into our operations and how you can grow your career, please CLICK HERE.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you are seeking an opportunity to grow and develop, the Pkg Technician role may be for you! This opportunity offers a focused career progression with a skill development system allowing multiple avenues to promotion. This proactive culture provides you the opportunity to learn all functional areas within the Personal Care Plant. You will learn and develop in a packaging environment: filling bottles, sachets, drums, connecting product delivery systems and interacting with the Warehouse Operations. As you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will act as a coach to your team members.
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Prior experience with manufacturing or working in a warehouse environment, machine troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment is a plus
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Strong attention to detail/safety with high level of accuracy, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative with strong communication skills and team-focus
- Accountability for trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, develop and enhance processes with willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.