Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business
Why people choose to work with us:
While our competitors try to use software as their differentiator for selling architectural products, we have developed a design experience that is unmatched in our industry.
What you will be doing:
You will ensure the category has the necessary competitive advantage by providing an exceptional design experience for both A&D and customers so that the architectural business continues to grow.
Who you are:
You have a sense of what you can accomplish, and you have the energy and confidence to make things happen. You initiate and build good relationships with others. You value cooperation, you are a great team player and you respect others’ input regarding how to accomplish goals through collaboration. You are organized, conscientious, and punctual.
Your Future Team:
You will work closely with top interior architectural designers and high visibility clients, and our own Steelcase Architectural and Dealer Sales Consultants, Steelcase Sales, and Steelcase Dealers. This small group of peers is a hard-working, creative, and highly motivated group of designers who specialize in solutions that allow for seamless integration of architecture, furniture and technology.
Architectural or Interior Designer responsible for…
· Translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand design solutions that solve client needs.
· Facilitating application strategy and providing conceptual design and technical support to our most important opportunities, including strategic projects, strategic and global accounts, and targeted design firms.
· Providing interior architecture expertise to other Steelcase design teams (Application Specialists, Regional Application Consultants) to broaden the Steelcase Inc. approach to space division.
· Ensuring we differentiate Steelcase by providing a collaborative design experience in developing integrated solutions focused on Architectural Products.
Key measurables will include an improved win rate, strengthened relationships, and a clear definition and approach around the competitive advantages of our products, applications, and services.
Individual will travel 20-30% of the time for purposes of working closely with the field around opportunities relative to A&D firms, Strategic and Global Accounts and Steelcase teams.
· Understands architectural drawings and construction documentation.
· Able to conceptualize product solutions in CAD/BIM drawing software and communicate solutions. verbally, backed up by research and insights.
· Committed to excellence as demonstrated through accuracy in work and attention to detail.
· Capable of working in a complex team environment with many stakeholders.
· Can manage priorities, switch gears quickly and balance multiple projects at once.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, with a focus in Architecture or Interior Design.
· Minimum 5 years of interior architectural experience.
· Strong background and working knowledge with construction trades and documentation preferred.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.