Seeking a highly-organized and detail-oriented Housekeeper for private residences in Ada and Holland, MI. Working as a part of a team, the Housekeeper will be primarily responsible for home detailing, house cleaning and interior maintenance. This is a great opportunity for someone with a hospitality mindset and enjoys a supportive, collaborative, challenging, and fun work environment!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily Cleaning: great attention to detail when vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning fixtures, bathrooms, office, family kitchen, coffee maker, exercise room, mirrors, doors; making beds, changing bedding according to schedule, emptying trash, etc.
- Detailed Cleaning: great attention to detail and extreme care when handling and cleaning memorabilia, fine items, delicate chandeliers, screen porch, baseboards, etc.
- Deep Cleaning: organizing common area cupboards, washing interiors windows, completing spring and fall cleaning lists.
- Launders and irons household linens and towels, occasionally personal clothing.
- Consults and works closely with other home detailers and maintenance staff. Receives direction from the Estate Manager.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with Estate Manager and other household staff.
- Efficiently and confidently communicates verbally, via text and through email.
- Greets vendors, contacts Head of Household if needed, answers telephone, and accepts delivery of packages.
- Monitors inventory levels of cleaning supplies and personal care products, reporting to the Estate Manager when items need to be ordered.
- Assists with seasonal decorating of homes, especially at Christmas. Assists with wrapping Christmas gifts.
- Properly reports household maintenance issues/repairs.
- Listens, asks questions, works well with others, and demonstrates a desire to be part of a team.
Elements of Success
- Maintains a professional and well-kept appearance. Uniform is clean, nails are maintained, no cologne/perfume, hair is pulled back as needed.
- Responsibilities are conducted in the homes of the client of RDV Staffing. While an employer/employee relationship exists, it is important that employee is genuinely committed to being part of the household staff team whose goal is to positively contribute to a respectful home environment.
- Preservation of a quiet and peaceful household atmosphere is essential. Cleaning of the home must be conducted around family’s activities, with sensitivity to privacy of family members at all times. This requires flexibility to determine which rooms to clean at what time in order to be least intrusive to presence of family, i.e. if bedrooms are occupied by family members.
- Equipment will be provided by employer, i.e. brooms, dusters, extendible dusters, vacuums, clothes, gloves, carts, kneepads, step stools, ladders, etc. Cleaning solutions and methods of operation will be overseen by the Estate Manager. If a question arises as to how or when an item should be cleaned the Estate Manager will provide guidance.
- Must be responsible, flexible, dedicated, and dependable person of highest integrity; organized and reliable; positive in attitude; and one who demonstrates pride in service which he/she provides. Flexibility in scheduling is essential to meet seasonal and staffing requirements.
- Must be attentive to details to assure the private residences and presented to “Five Star” quality standards.
- The family’s privacy is of critical importance, and the highest level of confidentiality must be exercised at all times.