Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Currently Meijer has an opportunity for an Experienced Data Modeler for our database architecture team. This position works with development teams to define, create, and maintain the logical and/or physical data models within the assigned database environment(s). This level of Data Modeler provides a high degree of coordination between user, technical, application and corporate entities to ensure effective data management as a corporate enterprise. Leads projects in assigned area, mentors other Data Analysts, and ensures that modeling solutions are providing value. Ensures solutions meet business objectives.
What You'll be Doing:
- Takes the lead in resolving complex data modeling problems and facilitates application development and resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Understands the Enterprise data model, how each RDBMS is used and why.
- Understands Cloud Data tools and modeling including Database Documents / NoSQL and use of JSON documents, schemas and versions.
- Researches and recommends optimal design criteria and standards.
- Creates, develops and reviews the logical and physical data models.
- Communicates and presents complex technical information in a concise and articulate manner.
- Leads in the evaluation and recommendation of modeling tools and technologies.
- Interacts with analysts and developers, understands system requirements from conceptual models, analyzes transactions and data volumes and designs the logical/physical database.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s or 12 years' experience (or comparable combination of education and related experience).
- Experience in designing, modeling, developing, and supporting large RDBMSs or MDDBMSs.
- Demonstrated experience working well with customers and leading peers and other technical resources of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience with the design, administration, programming and support of RDBMSs/MDDBMSs (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata) in one or more computing environments (e.g., UNIX, z/OS, Web).
- Experience with NoSQL / Document Databases such as Azure Cosmos DB and utilization of JSON files, schemas and pattern fields.
- Experience with forward and reverse engineering in a database environment
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools such as Erwin or ER Studio
- Experience with GIT or other DevOps tools to manage data model versioning.
- Strong working knowledge of state-of-the-art database concepts/design/deployment, Structured Query Language, and relational database design techniques.
- Strong customer focus and management of client expectations.