As a Retail Team Leader (Key Holder), you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership! This is a great opportunity for someone thathas a passion for customer service, is detail-oriented for stocking and inventory management, and is skilled in operating point of sale and maintaining Store conditions. Be part of it!
As part of the leadership team, you will make an impact by:
- Opening and closing the Store
- Help complete daily Store operations and tasks for the day
- Assists in unloading all merchandise from delivery trucks, organizes merchandise, and transfers merchandise from stockroom to store.
- Maintaining merchandise - product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensure product quality
- Providing exceptional customer service - building relationships, problem-solving, and building sales
- Cash handling - bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
- Helping to build and train the team! Develop leadership skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- Have 1-2 years of retail experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Physical Requirements: Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs with frequent lifting above shoulder height
- Schedule Availability: Ability to work flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable
- This job may require you to occasionally respond to alarm calls during non-working hours and have the flexibility to work shifts at other stores in your local geographic area
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required)
- High School Diploma / Equivalent
- Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a drug screen and criminal background check
- Basic computer skills will be required
Note:Please make sure you use a valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process.
Here's a quick glance of who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry: Gordon Food Service At a Glance.
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus after 90 Days!
Pay: $18+/hour (based on experience)
Location - 827 N. Drake Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49009
Work/Life balance - We offer a great retail schedule!
Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 9AM - 6PM
Check out this video to learn more about our Stores!
Some of our Benefits include:
- Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter
- Advancement - We have leaders that began as Sales Associates!
- Healthcare Benefits after 30 days! You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
- Immediate Retirement Savings - 401(k) retirement plan with company match! No waiting period required!
- Company Profit-Sharing after you've been employed here for 12 months!
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.