Custom Profile, an Employee Owned Company is coming to Camden, South Carolina! We are looking for strong leaders to join our team on each shift.
Our Supervisors would be instrumental in building a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, recognition, community engagement and professionalism.
On a day to day basis, our Supervisors would oversee production operations and communicate with all support areas to meet our goals of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, recognition, community engagement and professionalism.
- Assign daily duties to operators; support, develop and implement each operators training objectives. Oversee daily production operations and communicate with all support areas and employees in a timely and efficient manner and hold them accountable to the requirements of the position.
- Ensure all employees are adhering to the companies’ quality standards and meeting our goal of 100% on-time delivery and zero defects.
- Work with Customer Service - Scheduler to determine priorities, schedule employees as needed; print necessary production paperwork required for the jobs scheduled.
- Ensure all employees/self are adhering to company safety standards.
- Maintain appropriate reports/documentation including reporting production cards, processing necessary paperwork for spec changes and studying and documenting work processes for potential improvement activities.
- Assist in all aspects of employee relations; including, but not limited to: recruiting, interviewing, write-ups, reviews, termination, etc.
- Work as main liaison between employees and management. Be committed to the company’s mission statement, goals, core values and quality policy.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safety and an enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of Hands-On Supervisory experience required; a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- High School diploma/GED required.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Microsoft Office experience (word, outlook, excel)
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Basic Math Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time Management
- Lean Manufacturing/5S
- Experience with Quality Tools
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- ERP/MRP Experience
- Experience in Plastic Manufacturing
Supervisory Responsibility: o 15-20 Direct
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in our work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
- Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.