Job title: Information Security Specialist
Team: Information Security and Risk
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need?
We are looking for an Information Security Specialist to work with one of our key internal systems (MAGIC) to understand and validate security gaps in the program then work with individual MAGIC teams to remediate gaps improving the protection of Amway Business Owner (ABO) information. This could be either a mid-level or Senior-level role.
What’s special about the team?
In Information Security and Risk (ISR), you will be joining motivated individuals that value innovation, openness, independent thinking, and a bias for action. With the MAGIC teams you’ll be working with groups that are passionate about supporting their business goals and delivering solutions in a secure way.
For this position, you would be co-locating with the team responsible for our MAGIC platform development in IT, and most of your work would be done with and for that team. You will be reporting to the Manager of Information Security and Risk, with a dotted line to one of the Software Development Managers in that area.
How you would contribute to Amway:
In this role, you will work exclusively with the teams doing development and building infrastructure for the MAGIC and other ABO compensation platforms. You will be putting together a focused security program for MAGIC and Core Plus that the team can implement with your support, guidance and coaching. We’ll rely on you to see what is happening on these platforms from a security standpoint using security tools or other techniques, set goals based on risk, and then support the teams to execute improvements.
You will be measured on your ability to assess the current state, create the security program, and then impact the list of security items that is being tracked by MAGIC leadership.
In this position you will be:
- Utilizing security infrastructure tools/technology to identify gaps, support remediation for the MAGIC teams and management on key security governance areas.
- Interpreting established security technical standards and translating these into practical actionable steps that can be applied at the appropriate stages of projects.
- Acting as an internal consultant, advocate, and change agent for secure practices across MAGIC and related business disciplines.
- Partnering on technical designs, RASICs, or process that support MAGIC compliance efforts in the markets.
- Working with the ISR risk teams to prioritize improvement goals, and as a local security subject matter expert for the MAGIC teams to deploy them.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in working with complex infrastructure or applications interacting in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience working on technical teams on complex Information Technology projects
- Experience working with technical management on planning, building roadmaps, strategy, etc.
- Proven experience working independently and delivering results in an agile environment.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship*