General Definition and Scope of Job
The Environmental Services Custodian functions are as follows:
- Daily preventive and restorative maintenance to both hard and carpeted surfaces within the facility.
- Project work such as wall, furniture and fixture cleaning.
- General duties associated with room reservations such as room and equipment set up.
- This position interacts directly with patients, staff and visitors on a daily basis.
JOB STATUS: Casual
What are the Minimum Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- On-the-job training experience preferred.
- Able to comprehend written and oral communication.
- Must have good infection control understanding.
- Healthcare custodial/janitorial experience preferred.
What are the Critical Demands of the Job?
- Must be able to stand 90% of shift.
- Must be able to operate equipment such as burnishers and carpet extractors.
- Must be able to document work performed and follow guidelines for such documentation.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, bend down and move equipment, supplies, etc, in excess of 35 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work at a variety of levels; including work on ladders.
- Job entails considerable reaching, stooping, lifting, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Must be able to operate equipment such as tasking carpet extractors.
- Able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
What are the Working Conditions?
- Working with machinery and chemicals at all times.
- Constant lifting and physical activity.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors with some outside work performed.
- Working with cleaning chemicals.
North Ottawa Community Hospital is an 81-bed, acute care hospital located in Grand Haven, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan. We are a community health care system with a variety of inpatient, outpatient and support service. Affiliate organizations strengthen our seamless delivery of care, by transforming us into a health care delivery system.