We recruit only the best and take pride in providing the highest level of service to our clients. Our employees contribute value in a team-based environment, with opportunities for professional growth and fulfillment.
The Marina Technician will be an integral part of a dedicated and highly skilled team, responsible for providing outstanding customized service to our clients. The individual in this role will be responsible for maintaining marine vessels and facilities.
This opportunity is full-time, year-round, with benefits.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general cleaning, polishing, and boat readiness detailing.
- Troubleshoot and conduct electrical system repairs.
- Perform plumbing repairs to domestic water system, closed loop engine systems and general marina plumbing.
- Perform routine engine and propulsion service on gas and diesel engines.
- Troubleshoot, install, and operate marine electronic and navigation systems not required by factory service person.
- Perform minor fiberglass repairs; mold and produce custom fiberglass parts for special projects.
Marina and Dock Maintenance:
- Assist with seasonal needs for winterization, spring readiness, deck surface cleaning and finishing, lighting, water supply and safety readiness.
- Perform cleaning and repairs of marina facility.
- Conduct off-season repairs, restoration and readiness of pedestals, safety ladders, lines, cleats and all related dock needs.
Facilities Care and Maintenance:
- Maintain all aspects of boat storage facility, such as lighting, plumbing, HVAC, shop cleaning, tool organization, inventory and other related needs as they arise.
- Assist Property Managers with maintenance and project needs.
- Ensure services are performed at the highest level of quality.
- Efficiently communicate with other staff; attentively listen, ask questions, work well with others, and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- Previous industry experience required.
- Excellent knowledge and skill level in certain trades, such as mechanicals, electrical, gas and diesel engines, HVAC, plumbing, repair, fiberglass, building/carpentry, painting, etc.
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service.
- Must wear required safety equipment provided by the employer.
- Occasional travel may be required, including international; passport required (or ability to obtain upon hire).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to obtain forklift operator license after hire required.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet requirements/needs; may be required to work some weekends and holidays.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in all operations.
- Must be responsible, dedicated, and dependable; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and demonstrate pride in service.
- Attentive to details to ensure the highest level of service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy must be exercised at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, information pertaining to assets, communication, itineraries, and movements of the Principals.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work at a physically demanding pace.
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds to a maximum height of six (6) feet.
- Ability to remain standing for lengthy periods of time; climb steps and stairs; stoop, bend, and kneel; push/pull.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at high heights.
- Ability to load and unload equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.