Custom Profile is seeking Supply Chain Buyer for Purchasing and Planning.
Do you have a desire to be an integral part of a Supply Chain team, working closely with production scheduling and maintenance? Would you want to lead the MRO and MRP replenishment categories in Grand Rapids, MI? What to help in the growth of a company by exceeding customer service levels, managing inventory levels and collaborating with teams to drive continuous improvement of shared process?
Custom Profile is an employee-owned company that develops and manufactures specialty thermoplastic profile extrusions and sub-assemblies with locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Camden, SC and Juarez, Mexico. Our in-house tooling design and fabrication allows for complete control of quality and reduced lead times. The company boasts a blue-chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
• Honoring our commitments.
• The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
• Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
• Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in monthly community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
• Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• 401k with company match
• Gym Reimbursements
• Plan and execute procurement of raw materials using MRP, Kanban, and other demand triggers as required.
• Maintain strong working relationships and communication with scheduling, manufacturing, maintenance and key suppliers.
• Cycle count inventory items. Complete root cause analysis and correction for recurring differences.
• Analyze and manage MRP, Source list, and material master parameters. Proactively report material availability issues.
• Work with Program Management teams to ensure material availability for new projects or engineering changes.
• Inventory Management: Work closely with production, scheduling and suppliers to achieve inventory, service, and cost goals. Identify and participate in the creation of other key goals to drive supply chain success.
• Maintain RM items in ERP database to include current price, lead times, reorder quantities, reorder point/safety stock, and specific PO information.
• Update Safety Data sheets and Technical Data sheets as needed.
• Maintain purchase order status in IQMS and monitor PO’s to ensure on-time deliveries.
• Supplier Management: Participate in or lead RFQ’s, cost savings initiatives, negotiations, and supplier evaluations as needed.
• Work with the Custom Profile quality team and suppliers to resolve non-conforming RM issues.
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
• Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make Custom Profile a more efficient, safe and enjoyable place to work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Three to five years’ experience in any combination of Supply Chain Planning, Office Administration or Operations. A suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Operations preferred.
• Procurement experience preferred.
• ERP and MRP experience preferred.
• Valid Michigan Drivers’ License and vehicle required for local pickups.
Strengths in the following areas:
• Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and application.
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
• Effective negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written)
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
• Safety glasses, hearing protection and closed-toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.
• Some travel, mostly local, is occasionally required.