Financial Analyst 1 - Fiscal Services * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req2278
FTE status: 1
Under supervision of the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst I will be responsible for providing accurate and timely month-end journal entries, annual budgets, and various analyses as requested. In addition, this position will be responsible for serving operational leaders by ensuring they have the necessary data and reports to review budget, and monthly financials.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, accounting, or economics required.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in finance or accounting preferred.
- Beginning level knowledge or ability to learn Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Basic understanding of financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cashflow).
- General public speaking, listening, oral, and written skills.
- Ability to start the process of gaining an understanding of how Tableau, sg2, McKesson MFM, Business Objects, and EPSI works.
- Ability to travel frequently within a 50 mile radius.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of month-end reoccurring duties and reports related to financials, provider benchmarking, and provider compensation models.
- Serves as liaison to Metro Health leaders to provide data and reports for fiscal services related matters. Works closely with assigned liaison departments to review monthly financials, scorecards, benchmark sheets, and other data related to the department performance. Primarily responsible to ensure data reported is accurate.
- Prepare annual operating budgets for assigned departments.
- Manipulate large sets of data for analysis and reporting.
- Analyzes data integrity to maintain departmental standards of excellence and continuous quality improvement. Takes appropriate actions to ensure any data integrity problems are corrected.
- Works with department managers and other department personnel to identify financial improvement opportunities through monthly budget variance analysis and explanations, studying trend data, comparing benchmark information and reviewing productivity data.
- Responsible for reviewing various contracts and validating appropriate payments for assigned departments.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships with all internal customers and finance team. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures.