MD/DO - Physician - Uro/Gyn
Requisition #: req1212
FTE status: 1
Responsible for the direct health care of a specified patient population in Metro Health and practices within defined, requested privileges.
- Education requirement
- Experience requirement
- Certification / License requirement
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong telephone skills and etiquette
- Knowledge of basic math and office/hospital procedures
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Experience with computer data entry and strong typing skills
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Recognizes and reports problems, errors, and discrepancies to the Site Medical Director and VP/COO of Metro Enterprises.
- Reports to work on time, as scheduled, and is dependable and cooperative.
- Organizes and prioritize assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround-time requirements, and commitments.
- Contributes to team efforts.
- Conducts themselves in a positive and cooperative manner.
- Handles difficult and sensitive situations tactfully.
- Adhere to the Hospital's corporate compliance standards regarding proper documentation for billing and reimbursement purposes and also relative to the teaching physician supervision of interns and residents.
- Perform all other related duties as necessary.