Custom Profile is seeking Line Operators for multiple shifts for our Grand Rapids Location.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing various tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment supporting Total Customer Satisfaction of both internal and external customers. This position will work as part of a team to support our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pack parts as required on each extrusion line following the company specs.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary.
- Complete all necessary production paperwork in a timely manner during the course of the work shift.
- Successfully complete standard work procedures, setting up downstream equipment, packaging supplies, and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safer and an enjoyable place to work.
At Custom Profile, we foster a culture that pursues Total Customer Satisfaction with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Honoring our commitments.
- The pursuit of zero defects through ongoing training, use of the most effective process technology, and a quality system that ensures clear communication throughout the company.
- Responding faster than our competitors in all areas, from quoting and tooling new programs to delivery of product.
- Recruiting, developing, and retaining our employees.
- Our employees love to give back to the community by participating in monthly community service events and volunteering their time to local schools and other organizations.
- Competitive Salary and performance based bonuses
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- Basic math skills
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not necessary:
- Basic computer skills
- Problem Solving
- Experience with manufacturing tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Be able to stand in one place and perform continuous and repetitive movements which may last for up to 8 hours.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Safety glasses, ear protection and closed toe shoes must be worn on the production floor.