About this Opportunity
The Security Officer 1 - On Call Part-Time role is an entry-level position. You will be responsible for answering all phone calls for Security services from all over the world, dispatching Patrol Officers, dealing with all alarms at all facilities, utilizing the CCTV System, and monitoring the Access Control System. You'll protect corporate property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. You will also patrol and monitor the premises to ensure they are secure, cooperate with civil law enforcement agencies, investigate and report suspicious or unusual occurrences, and assist in fire prevention, hazardous response, and other emergency situations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software for complaint documentation and dispatching.
- Drive Security vehicles and walk foot patrols, inspecting facilities for security violations and safety hazards.
- Follow procedures for dispatching personnel for emergency and non-emergency response.
- Follow site-specific post guidelines.
- Take monitoring, operating, testing, and data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire, and security systems.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Prepare reports, activity logs, files, and incident reports and communicate the information as needed.
- Provide security and emergency information and assistance to Herman Miller employees and clients as needed.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- A high school diploma or GED. An Associate's degree (or higher) in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, or another related field is preferred.
- The ability to interact with personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies, and the general public in a friendly, positive, and professional manner.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner.
- The ability to read and write in the English language, as well as interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and reports.
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- The ability to successfully complete the Security Officer 1 training requirements as outlined in the Leading Practices Security Manual. You'll also need a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and the ability to manage emergency situations while maintaining normal control center functions.
- An excellent attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to manage multiple job duties while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
- The ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures, as well as work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ability to stand or sit for extended periods; walk long distances; use your hands to handle, hold, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with your arms; and to talk or hear.
- The specific vision abilities required for this role, including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to hear conversations in noisy environments.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
- The flexibility and ability to work when called in with short notice.
Officers and candidates must not have any felony convictions. Misdemeanor convictions are subject to review.
This is an on-call position that works a varied and non-routine schedule. You will need the ability to adapt to various scheduling demands.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.