Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position develops relationships and programs, negotiates, implements and evaluates Meijer community partnerships and giving across all regions of the Meijer footprint which includes vendor branded promotional partnerships related to events and charitable giving.
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop community partnerships and programs, coordinate, execute, and communicate sponsorships, philanthropic events and giving in their regions of responsibility.
- Negotiate and execute sponsorships and community partnerships in the “for profit” and philanthropic areas in addition to professional, minor league, collegiate and K-12 sports sponsorships.
- Align promotional events and community sponsorships with seasonal and promotional strategic marketing and brand objectives and plans. (Included in this are: corporate events, sports marketing, cause marketing/philanthropic giving, community events, sponsorships, and market event).
- Develop and execute corporate, regional and seasonal promotions internally and externally.
- Develop and execute the community, market event and sponsorship promotional planning process and programs that support Meijer corporate and market strategies in conjunction with marketing and retail operations leadership.
- Assure the promotional programs maintain the corporate strategy for brand image identity that are established and align with seasonal strategies.
- Work with Meijer stores and market leadership to assist with promotional event needs and market opportunities and communication of promotional events.
- Work with each business marketing team to assure vendor funding is pursued as needed, established and maintained to support promotional programs when appropriate.
- Develop measurements for the evaluations of promotional programs.
- Prepare P&L statements for all promotional and sponsorship programs.
- Assist in overall budgeting for community giving, sponsorship, and specific market promotional events.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Marketing, Event Planning, Communication or Business degree; or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in project management in the marketing, advertising, or event planning field.
- Ability to develop and maintain key business relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task department.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to think outside the box and adapt to change.
- Experience in vendor/Business relationships.