Who We Are – Since 1994, Amazon has evolved from a single retail website to become a global development platform as well as an e-commerce and publishing partner. Innovation is in our DNA, and we constantly seek out the world’s brightest technology minds to research and develop new solutions to improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day One at Amazon.
Amazon’s transportation teams work to ensure the delivery packages globally for customers around the world. On its busiest day, Cyber Monday, Amazon customers around the world have ordered more than 400 items per second and the transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers’ doors on-time and in great condition. Whether its items large or small, we find solutions to make sure we are delivering on our promise for customers.
The Operations Manager, Delivery Operations is responsible for driver success at one or multiple Amazon Delivery Stations (24/7 last-mile carrier site). He or she leads a team to ensure the diverse set of partners in Amazon’s final mile delights tens of thousands of customers every day.
The Operations Manager provides leadership for the Delivery Station management team. This person will be responsible for setting high standards and goals for the Delivery Stations’ On Road performance and ensuring that these are achieved. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations: Operations Managers actively engage with site and regional leadership to implement improvements on behalf of drivers and customers.
This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with the stamina and mental agility to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth delivery network. Excellent communication skills with all levels of management and staff will be imperative.
· Plan, direct, supervise and control the execution of all business, technical, and fiscal functions of the delivery station On-road operations.
· Define new processes to drive step change reductions in both fixed and variable costs of On-road delivery operations. Pilot proposed changes in the real environment and have the ability to work in a start-up type environment, dealing with ambiguity on a regular basis.
· Partner with senior business leaders across departments to analyze our existing processes and identify opportunities to improve and optimize current operations.
· Lead process-improvement efforts and manage the implementation of both business processes and technical solutions.
· Mobilize company resources through effective liaison with support departments, to create projects capable of driving the business forward and enhancing the customer experience.
· Build, supervise, lead, and develop a diverse team of Area Managers, Delivery Operations (2-5 front-line supervisors, depending on location).
· Create and sustain a safe, high-quality and professional environment in an expanding business.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Raise the safety, quality, productivity, and capacity performance on road via regular barrier-breaking deep dives and even metric creation. This could include pilots and program development. It also means ensuring training is completed and proper standard work is followed.
· Champion excellent driver and customer experience while continuously improving Amazon’s last mile on road performance. Be a subject matter expert for all Delivery Associates and Delivery Service Partners process areas. Manage Driver and DSP relationships and measure and evaluate those partnerships on a regular basis (Ex. - regular meetings with DSPs to resolve their barriers and to develop and ensure adherence to action plans that meet business objectives).
· Work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays
· Ability to travel (up to 50%) based on location
· Must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Lift up to 70 pounds
· Frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
· Stand and walk for shifts lasting up to 12 hours
· Push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
· Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
· Work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
· Work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, occasionally exceeding 90 degrees
· continuously climb and descend stairs
· Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience
· Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and their performance
· Hold a valid driver’s license
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
· Experience with a third party and independent contractor workforce
· Ability to use good judgment amidst changing priorities
· 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production, delivery or distribution environment
· History of developing strong, value-add partnerships
· Solution oriented, analytical approach to problems
· Excellent communications skills and a high bar for accuracy and detail
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
· Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.