Location - 4849 CROOKS RD, ROYAL OAK, Michigan 48073-1400
Temporary Store Hours - Monday to Saturday 8AM-7PM and Sunday 8AM-5PM.
Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter.
Employee Discounts - 10% off your purchases!
Growing careers since 1897 and no end in sight!
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth.
Our 176 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more!
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
As a Part Time Van Delivery Driver you will be responsible for courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of products with a variable daily route. This role will operate the van in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail and safe work habits. Additional assistance with store operations before or after completion of route.
What does a day to day look like?
- Accurately locates and picks orders in-store for Wholesale customers
- Builds and maintains good customer relationships.
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS products.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicle and equipment.
- Ensure accurate and efficient processing of customer purchases through the point of sale. Ensure security of assets including cash, checks, and merchandise by following policies and procedures.
- Accurately receive and merchandise products, ensuring proper rotation and product quality, end cap and planogram execution, top stock, freezer, cooler and backroom organization.
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- At least 1 year previous delivery driving experience and one year in customer service or related field preferred.
- Unrestricted Standard Operators License required.
- Must have a clean driving record (no drug or alcohol offenses in the last 5 years).
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required).
- Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to use a two-wheel cart with a load weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.