Do you have many years of welding experience? Are you a natural leader? Do you enjoy helping meet the customers needs? Are you hard working but flexible to schedule changes? Then Etna is the place for you?
Great Benefits, 401k
Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
Ensure customer expectations are met timely while completing work orders and supervising the fire protection fabrication staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Theseinclude the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Effective supervision of the fabrication staff.
- Ensure the shop is safe and OSHA compliant.
- Fulfill all regular and advanced shop duties, including project layout, scheduling, and paperwork.
- Read and follow plans, materials lists, and guidelines and apply necessary timeliness.
- Organize and lead shop team to complete projects timely.
- Enforce all customer-required policies and procedures.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Perform preventive machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintain general shop cleanliness and organization.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Perform welding and machine operating duties as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Responsibilities include hiring and retention, performance reviews, training and development, and discipline.
· Directly supervises the Hand Welders and Machine Welder/Threaders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Company products and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of Etna policies and procedures.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations applicable to the shop.
- Extreme accuracy when measuring.
- Effective communication, negotiation, customer service, interpersonal, stress management, and supervisory skills.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with or without using a calculator.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Three years experience in a machine shop; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Welding certification
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand and walk; talk and hear; handle, reach, grasp, and use fingers.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to climb, stoop, crouch, and kneel
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside at times for product and various tasks.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Pass substance abuse screening.