Network Engineer II - Information Technology * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req70
FTE status: 1
This position will work Monday-Friday at our new Innovations Center located at 985 Gezon Parkway, just down the road from the Metro Health Village.
Understand strategic vision of Metro Health and Information Services. Ensure daily activities align with strategic visions. A Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of data, voice and the video network infrastructure along with the application components. A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the network performance meets the hospital and it’s user’s needs. A Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Experience working with Cisco systems.
- 5 years of experience in the field IP Telephony.
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare is preferred but not required.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification (or higher) or five or more years of experience needed. An Associates or Bachelor’s degree is helpful but not required.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge about data, voice and video networks (IP Routing and Switching, VPN, Wireless, Cellular, PBX, Call Center, Video Conferencing e,g.)
- Able to work with, and train, Network Engineers Level I.
- Able to work off-hours.
- Has appropriate high-speed internet available at home.
- Able to participate on a 24/7/365 on-call rotation.
- Has participated in multiple phases of an integrated enterprise system implementation.
- Has experience in a complex multi platform environment.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of basic IT security principles.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of keeping IT systems compliant with HIPAA and other regulatory measures for IT systems.
- Possesses a valid state, preferably Michigan, driver’s license.
- Possesses dependable transportation between sites.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Has the fundamental skill to act as the primary contact for system environment related and technical operational issues.
- Proficient in utilizing work order system for entering, tracking, documentation and resolving technology issues and tasks.
- Has the fundamental skill to provide troubleshooting and technical support until the issue is resolved.
- Proficient in providing feedback to the Service Desk to continuously improve the accuracy of the established triages.
- Proficient in monitoring and supporting Metro Health infrastructure for maximum system availability.
- Proficient in defining and developing measures for proactive support.
- Has the fundamental knowledge and skills of data, voice, and video networks.
- Proficient documenting moves, adds, changes, and repairs with regards to the networks.
- Proficient in performing periodic infrastructure assessments to identify potential actions to improve performance, security, and manageability.
- Proficient in communicating with software and hardware providers/vendors to ensure familiarity with the vendor’s current and developing portfolio, as well as to maintain a relationship for support of current products.
- Has the fundamental skill to contribute to team financial objectives by maximizing resources.
- Proficient in conducting technical research.
- Has the fundamental skill to conduct root cause analysis.
- Attends any technology training, and user groups, which supports the latest changes in the application, technology, or support. This includes supporting implementations, maintenance upgrades, and versions.
- Other duties as assigned with regular and predictable attendance.
Category: Information Technology