About Our Internship Program:
Here at Amway, our interns develop through real world experience and are assigned meaningful projects that challenge and allow for personal growth. All Interns receive project support and on-going performance feedback from a person advisor and hiring manager. Amway hosts over 80+ interns each summer and offers programming events designed to assist navigating Amway culture, making the most of a summer internship, and building a successful career. The program provides exposure to a breadth of career fields and offers unique opportunities to learn business acumen, work cross-functionally and showcase their skillsets directly to hiring managers and executives.
This job posting is for our summer 2021 Internship Program (May – August); qualified candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and one semester or more left of school to complete at the beginning of their internship. Candidates who have graduated are not eligible to intern.
** Please note, these positions are not eligible for Sponsorship.
Internship Job Title: Data Engineering Intern
What is special about this team: The Data Science and Data Strategy CoE group provides the organization with high quality, innovative data solutions in a focused, fast and fun atmosphere. The team is seeking a tech savvy Data Engineering intern to work on building, operating, and scaling next generation data platforms and tools that will power data-driven analytics capabilities throughout the entire organization, spanning areas such as business intelligence and reporting, data science, and data analytics. This role will report to a Data Engineer on our team.
How would an intern contribute to the team’s success? As a member of Data Engineering team, you will work on high profile projects to expand and optimize our data access and data pipeline analytics processes, as well as optimize data flow and collection for cross functional teams. As part of a larger Data Engineering community, you will have both the opportunity to learn from others and share best practices / methodologies of your own. Supporting specific project groups, you can expect to get exposure to applied use cases and to deepen your understanding of the discipline in a professional setting. If you are excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s analytics processes to support our next generation of advanced analytics capabilities, which in-turn translates to implementing strategic enhancements to maintain our competitive edge in the industry, this may be the opportunity for you.
What skills and background will be important to be successful in this internship?
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams.
- Understanding of distributed systems driving large-scale data processing and analytics with knowledge of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Familiarity with cloud technologies in supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases such as Microsoft and Oracle databases to advance analytics capabilities
- Desire to seek and share new developments, technologies, tools and advancements in data engineering
Desired Degree: Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Science or related field.
Location of Internship: Ada, MI