Are you friendly, professional, customer-service oriented, able to anticipate the needs of others, and excellent at maintaining confidentiality?
Do you enjoy supporting and helping others and performing administrative tasks?
If so, this may be the position for you!
Etna Supply is a leading plumbing and waterworks wholesale distribution company that is committed to their associates, customers, and communities. Our mission is to Provide a Positive Customer Experience in everything we do.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Corporate Office in Grand Rapids, MI. This person will provide administrative support to the Leadership Team and the Corporate Office in general. Specific duties and qualifications required are defined below. Ability to anticipate the needs of others and maintain confidentiality are essential. We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Quarterly Bonuses
- 401k with company matchLife and Disability Insurance
And Much, Much More….
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant – Corporate Office:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Appropriately and professionally handle customer, vendor, and public inquiries and requests.
Provide administrative support to the Leadership Team, including but not limited to scheduling and maintaining calendars for meetings, appointments, and travel, reconciling credit card statements, and screen and process all incoming calls and correspondence and respond accordingly.
- Be readily available and respond quickly to texts and calls from the Leadership team.
- Serve as company administrator for Concur Travel & Entertainment program.
- Arrange travel plans and itineraries and compile travel documents. Maximize usage and benefits of frequent flier and hotel rewards programs.
- Perform company-wide training and problem-solving for all administrative functions.
- Plan, organize, and manage Company projects, communications and correspondence.
- Coordinate company events and lunches. Work with vendors, customers, rental companies, and catering companies.
- Maintain bookings for conference rooms and oversee room cleanliness, set up, resources, and food/beverages.
- Take meeting minutes and distribute them to meeting attendees.
- Manage office records and retention as well as signature captures.
- Prepare reports, including compiling numerical or statistical data as requested.
- Maintain a clean, professional, safe, and welcoming image for the building entrance and lobby.
- Serve as primary contact with the building owner for building needs and issues.
- Maintain Notary status for the company.
- Oversee accounts company-wide for office supplies, uniforms, and office cleaning.
- Oversee the cleaning crews and order cleaning supplies for the Grand Rapids locations.
- Back up the Receptionist.
- Serve as back up for cleaning and maintaining the coffee areas in the corporate office.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of people responsible for assisting.
- Effective professionalism, interpersonal, time management, planning, problem solving, communication, organization, negotiation, customer service, detail-orientation, judgement, and stress management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally, including some overnight travel.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the Company.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Effective computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or
- Three years of related experience and training; or
- Equivalent combination of experience and training.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Notary status
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; talk and hear; grasp and handle; and use fingers.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk; stoop and reach; carry; and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.