We are seeking individuals who…
- Enjoy working outdoors, all year around
- Have a current Class A CDL
- Interested in having a physically demanding job
- Interested in frequent overnight travel (3-4 nights/week; some jobsites require a 10 on/4 day off schedule)
- Interested in overtime hours
- Enjoy learning new skills and receiving new responsibilities
If any of the above describes you, consider to be a part of the MATECO Drilling Team!
MATECO Drilling Company
Since 1974 MATECO Drilling has offered ground breaking solutions on a large variety of geotechnical and environmental drilling projects throughout the United States. Staying up to date with the latest drilling technology including our rotary sonic drill and ground penetrating radar is our top priority.
MATECO Drilling Company is seeking an hourly, full-time, non-exempt Assistant Driller located in Rockford, Michigan. Driller’s Assistants will be responsible for assisting the Crew Chief with Geotechnical and Environmental Drilling operations. As a hands on, labor intensive position, the selected candidate will have high mechanical aptitude, have the ability and desire to work long hours, outside in all types of terrains, and have the desire to frequently travel. The selected candidate will also be able to adapt to rapid changes, and have the desire to continuously gain new skills and responsibilities. A good driving record and valid driver’s license is required; having a CDL – Class A license is most desired.
Individuals in this position will be eligible for Company sponsored health insurance, life insurance, dental and vision insurance, disability, paid sick leave, and paid vacation time, and 401(k) with a matching contribution!
- Heavy Lifting
- Frequent Travel
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good driving record
- Working outdoors and in dirty conditions
- Adding augers
- Cleaning equipment & tools
- Removing sampling spoons
- Maintenance of equipment
- Refilling holes
- Traffic control
- Fork lift, truck, pumps, generators, tractor.