Workstation Technician - Information Technology * Nights - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1683
FTE status: 1
Understand strategic vision of Metro Health and Information Services. Ensure daily activities support and align with strategic visions. Install, modify, and make repairs to Information Technology hardware and software systems, and provide technical assistance and training to system users.
- Installation and repair abilities for all Metro Health desktop equipment and peripherals.
- Thorough knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of PC software and hardware related issues.
- Stay current in Information Technology related, technologies, both software and hardware.
- Is able to implement hardware and software upgrades and version changes.
- Critical problem solver and thinker.
- Ability to absorb and learn quickly.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance for Information Technology software and hardware.
- Tier II support.
- Responsible to verify all assets they service are accurately recorded in the asset management database and ensures all assets have an asset tag.
- Coordinate activities with other Information Technology teams.
- Provide updates, status, and completion information to Lead Technician as well as Manager of Technical Services.
- Utilize problem request tracking system to manage support requests.
- Communicate with customers regarding support problems on a timely basis.
- Work with other departments to support Metro Health vision and strategy.
- Respond to customer inquiries concerning systems operations and diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Supports Information Technology related projects as requested.
- Fill in for Service Desk staff when needed.
- OnCall" for after hours and weekends.
- Performs other duties as directed by Metro Health IT management with regular and predictable attendance.