Materials Handler - Materials Management * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req558
FTE status: 1
This position will have a 7:30 am - 4:00 pm schedule.
The Materials Handler will be responsible for:
- Inventorying and stocking supply and procedure carts
- Delivering medical supplies, patient care equipment, and linen to all areas of the hospital
- Putting supplies away in the Storeroom.
- Sorting and delivering mail
- High School Graduate
- Previous warehouse / materials handling experience preferred
- Must have computer knowledge and experience. Must be proficient using a computer with a Windows operating system. Training will be provided on how to operate and utilize the Materials Management computerized inventory system(s)
- Must make effective decisions when problem arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adapt rapidly to changes in work process
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for inventorying and stocking supply carts
- Responsible for assembling and delivering orders for supplies and equipment
- Fill out all required documentation completely and accurately when issuing or crediting supplies to maintain the integrity of the computerized inventory system.
- Put supplies away.
- Pickup soiled linen and patient care equipment
- Sort and deliver incoming and interoffice mail.
- Provide assistance to end users of the Materials Management computer system.
- Other duties assigned with regular and predictable attendance.
Category: Customer Service, Supply Chain