Light Metals Corporation is looking for an experienced Materials Manager to lead the Materials Department. Must take ownership of the entire production process providing direction to Department Managers to effectively produce material and ship to customer requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drive and supervise production department operations across all shifts to produce quality product and meet schedules.
- Manage and ensure proper production control planning and scheduling to meet sales forecasts to balance manpower and machine requirements.
- Schedule production according to customer requirements.
- Foster and promote a team environment within, and between, departments and shifts to aid in accomplishing plant goals.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee production control, shipping, receiving and inventory processes, managing through peer group.
- Evaluate inventory controls and make changes appropriate.
- Create and update plant production schedule, aligned to inventory availability to ensure customer expectations are being met/exceeded and to minimize work flow stoppages
Co-ordinate all plant activities by working with sales , customer service, and top management to ensure that all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in an efficient manner.
Act as a primary point of contact for all shift production issues.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Action-oriented, assertive, and diplomatic in order to get things done on time. This position requires multi-tasking and an individual who enjoys working with a sense of urgency and is capable of creative problem solving to overcome challenges in materials leadership.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal with pressure from a fast paced, dynamic, daily production schedule.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to be pro-active
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ethics, morals and integrity
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science degree.
- If no degree, 8 years of experience in supervision and leadership of manufacturing teams.
- Shown a track record of advancement in responsibility in a manufacturing/operations environment.
- Had experience in a multiple shift and make-to-order environment.
- High Strong desire to satisfy the customers
- degree of initiative and attention to detail.
- Must be able to consistently produce high-quality work in a fast-paced production environment.
- Must be able to identify, prioritize, and meet multiple expectations for area of responsibility.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.