Currently, Meijer is looking for multiple IT Help Desk / Support Center Analysts willing to work part-time flexible schedules, 24-32 hours weekly, including weekends. The individuals selected for these positions will be responsible for providing quality support, in a call center environment, to our company-wide end users. Delivering a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness to assist in ticket resolution.
IT Support Center Analysts (Help Desk) provide first-level assistance for defined problems; escalating trouble tickets as necessary to higher level staff. Having frequent interactions with internal customers; the ideal candidate must be effective in interpersonal communication and problem solving and have a high degree of patience to provide solutions to our end-users.
Meijer IT Help Desk / Support Center Analysts are held to service levels requiring:
- Following through on resolution with users.
- Consulting solution base to optimize problem resolution.
- Adhering to established standards in resolving problems.
- Tracking calls and entering solution data into solution base.
- Performing administrative functions for pagers, printers, and helpdesk tools.
IT Support Center Analyst's key responsibilities include:
- Providing accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity
- Enhancing and developing quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback and other developmental approaches
- Assisting in the resolution of user and support issues among company sites to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction
- Researching, resolving, and responding to questions received via telephone calls, letters, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards
- Escalating problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures
- Making, adding, deleting, and modifying changes to printer control tables and printer appliances
- Making, adding, deleting, and modifying changes to pager tables and control the physical pager inventory
- Making, adding, deleting, and modifying changes to Incident Ticket application tool and Help desk Processes document tool
- Acquiring and maintaining current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers
- Attending training sessions and possibly assisting in training workshops
- Participating in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of help desk service
- Assisting in special product-related issues as needed
- Developing business and technical writing skills
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A completed or in-process Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
- 2+ years of experience in computer systems or IT support
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; telephone etiquette
- Understanding of multi-platform environments
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to use customer service standards and follow guidelines, as well as to help others interpret policy
- Thorough understanding of trouble ticket process
- Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of client trust and confidence in the group's knowledge of and concern for clients' needs
- Capable of involvement in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards
- Broad range of application, network, and desktop knowledge is highly desirable