Title: Volunteer Services Coordinator
Hours: Part time days (25 hours per week)
Location: Porter Hills Village, 3600 E. Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Primary Purpose: The primary function of this vital role is to direct our Volunteer Program.
1. Plan, develop, organize, implement, and evaluate all integral parts of the volunteer program.
2. Ensure that volunteer assignments are in accordance with established policies and procedures.
3. Perform administrative requirements and submit reports, forms, etc to the Wellness Director.
4. Coordinate volunteer schedules and work assignments.
5. Define the role of Volunteer Services Partner and delegate’s authority and responsibility to the VSP’s.
6. Provide assignments and placement of volunteers in cooperation with the department personnel.
7. Maintain good public relations with the community so as to promote interest in our volunteer program.
8. Serve on committees as requested.
9. Actively encourage residents and community members to volunteer.
10. Ensure volunteer positions are filled with qualified volunteers.
11. Strive to increase the number of volunteers and volunteer programs.
12. Serve as a consultant to other Porter Hills communities in the start up and maintenance of an appropriate volunteer program.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Equivalent of 4 years degree in a Human Service or related field is preferred
- Familiarity with health care type organizations, functions of departments and duties performed by volunteers desired.
- Must be creative in the development of volunteer services and programs and be able to coordinate services with activities personnel.
- Must possess computer experience
- Excellent communication with individuals of all ages, especially the geriatric population
Volunteer Services Coordinator - Part Time
Number of Openings
Porter Hills Village
About the Organization
Porter Hills is a care provider of choice in West Michigan, with a strong reputation and 43+ years of experience. Porter Hills invests in knowledge, programs and services that are redefining quality of life for seniors and their families in West Michigan. We model innovative practices that integrate care, community and commerce in exciting new ways. We lead strategic collaborations that bring out the best in the elder care sector for the benefit of all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.