Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
The lengthened duration of your experience allows you to have an in-depth opportunity to develop and grow your tax acumen within a corporate setting. You will have the opportunity work with public accounting firms and be. You will build and develop tax specific competencies using Corptax (tax compliant software), SAP, and EPM. You will gain tangible skills to use in the real-world. You will have cross-cultural interactions and enhance your communication skills across all audiences.
What you will be doing:
You will play an integral part in the tax team’s success.
- Participate in tax compliance activities including:
- Federal and State income tax return
- Executing monthly sales tax responsibilities
- You will perform tax accounting activities by supporting quarterly tax provision computation.
- You will support the income tax audit defense process:
- Assist the team with Federal and State Income, State and Local Sales/ Use tax audit requests
- Evaluating and crafting documentation that support audit results
Who you are:
- You’re a planner. You love keeping an orderly schedule of your day to ensure you use your time expertly.
- Do headlines of tax news and information interest you?
- Are you interested in learning more about what tax is?
- You love independent work equally as much as you love working in a group or team.
- You are your biggest motivator. You push yourself to do better and are always curious to learn more and will take the initiative to do so.
- Do you strive to find new ways to approach a problem and enjoy finding solutions using new methods?
- Do you enjoy connecting and communicating with diverse groups of people?
Preferred Year: Sophomore/ Junior (graduating between Spring 2021- Spring 2022).
Proficient in Excel
This role is year-round, working 15-20 hours during the school semesters and 40 hours during the summer.
Expected Start Date: early December 2019
Your Future Team:
We are a global team. We have 12 members that span across 3 continents. We are a close-knit team that sits and works directly with one another. The nature of our work can require us to work individually, but as a small team, working together is critical to our success. The tax team is comprised of analysts, managers, and a VP. We’re an easy-going group who invites team members to share and give new ideas.
FYI: We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply. We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity