Purchasing Buyer - Purchasing * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1548
FTE status: 1
This position requires an independent worker with thorough knowledge of purchasing processes, accounting processes, and with a focus on detail, accuracy, high level communication, and follow-through skills.
- Experience with a Materials Management Information System preferred.
- Experience with Surgical Services preferred.
- Experience with Email, Microsoft Word and Excel, and PowerPoint programs
- Knowledge of medical products and services preferred.
- Must communicate positively in a respectful manner, utilizing proper grammar and English skills.
- Strong ability to work independently within guidelines of sound purchasing practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Full functionality and maintenance of the Materials Management Information System (MMIS). Train end users on the MMIS requisitioning process. MMIS report generation for user departments
- Process purchase orders for departments
- Product research including environmentally preferred products.
- Generate backorder reports and expedite orders
- Meet with sales representatives
- Collaborate with Director / Manager for GPO contract relativity
- Discrepant invoice resolution
- Assist Director with special projects and Value Analysis Team Meeting
- Other Duties as assigned with regular and predictable attendance.