Reporting to the Site Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of employees and implementation of training, safety, troubleshooting and quality practices to support Total Customer Satisfaction of both internal and external customers. This position will also support the company goals of Zero Defects and 100% On-Time Delivery in a cost-efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support employees in all activities they perform, monitor quality requirements on the shift and provide employees tools as needed and provide employee feedback to the supervisor.
- Teach, coach, and lead efforts directed toward accomplishing position responsibilities.
- Serve as a point of internal and external contact for production employees and management.
- Schedule employees with the assistance of shift Set-up Operator.
- Communicate with other shift leads to ensure smooth transition and accurate information between shifts.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary, including 1st and last piece approvals.
- Support Custom Profile’s goal of zero defects and 100% on time delivery by doing random Gemba walks during your scheduled shift.
- Look for ways to improve processes to produce a higher quality product.
- Learn existing processes, and participate in the development of new ones.
- Occasional material staging for operators.
- Train new employees.
- Production reporting.
- Help drive efficiency improvements.
- Minor troubleshooting of equipment.
- Follow all safety requirements indicated by company policy.
- Recognize unsafe work practices and participate in solving the issue.
- Other training as requested by your supervisor or the company.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Treat all employees with professional respect and dignity.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it a more efficient, safe, and an enjoyable place to work.