Service Request Center Operator - Security * Shift Varies - Resource
Requisition #: req142
FTE status: 0
Must possess excellent communication skills, have a clear voice, able to work independently, be a team player, and use good judgment. Computer skills and keyboarding experience is essential.
- High school graduate.
- Must have basic computer skills and keyboarding ability of at least 40 words per minute.
- Medical terminology and one-year switchboard experience is recommended.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of dispatch clerk and service request center support clerk duties, to be able to cover breaks and to assist in emergencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answers all internal calls:
- Requests for transfer to a specific Department
- Page a Physician or other employee
- Connects caller to a Doctor’s Office or other outside line.
- Answers all external calls:
- Transfer calls to patient rooms or Nurses Station.
- Transfer calls to the appropriate Doctor’s Office.
- Transfers calls to the appropriate Hospital Department.
- Helps guide caller to the appropriate service in the area, if not related to the Hospital.
- Pages physicians, residents, interns, medical students, and employees, including enterprise by pagers or overhead in emergency situations.
- Responsible for paging overhead the emergency codes ERT’s, STAT’s, Code Red, Code 7, 7W, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring all Hospital alarm systems: Oxygen Alarms, Panic Button alarms, Security alarms, Code Alert (Infant Abduction), and Fire Panel (Hospital and Professional Building).
- Dispatch and place work orders for the following areas per the caller’s request:
- Environmental Services
- Clinical Engineering
- Dispatch Hospital Transporters:
- Logging Transporters in and out
- Monitoring Transporter activity
- Entering miscellaneous transport trips
- Alerting hospital departments to transport activity if needed
- Keep up to date schedules for the following On-Call Departments and page when requested by callers:
- Administrator On Call
- Nursing Supervisor
- Cath Lab
- Breton Health
- Responsible for creating and maintaining access control badges for all employees. This includes the coordination of access control, locking and unlocking controlled doors, and limiting access when needed for security purposes.
- Dispatches and forwards messages to security officers & monitors security cameras.
- Assist visitors with directions to the hospital and off-site buildings.
- Updates Rolodex for Attending Physicians and Courtesy MD staff.
- Responsible for maintaining AmCom computer phone system & MetroNet online phone directory.
- Types and maintains detailed department phone number list for switchboard and information desk.
- Maintains Key Staff call list.
- Other duties as needed or assigned by the Safety and Security Manager with Predictable and reliable attendance.