Clark Retirement is seeking an experienced Controller to join our Business Office and Leadership Team.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of Clark, to ensure adherence to U.S. GAAP, as well as state & federal tax compliance. This role oversees/prepares journal entries, revenue recognition, expense accruals, general ledger maintenance, financial statement reporting, managing various deadlines/deliverables and analysis of financial results. The Director manages the financial statement audits and other state/federal regulatory audits, as required. The Controller works closely with the VP of Finance & CFO to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures, and to ensure compliance with those policies and procedures.
Clark is a Life Plan Community with a continuum of care. Our staff of professionals are committed to providing excellent service and a warm atmosphere for residents, visitors, and staff. Clark is a growing organization and provides independent living apartment homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and access to other ancillary services. We pride ourselves on our Life Enrichment Montessori programming to create a high quality of life environment for our residents.
What we Offer:
Clark offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All Full Time and Part Time employees are eligible for:
- Paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 403(b) program with a strong employer match and annual contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient parking and easy access to public transportation
- Access to growth and development programs including sponsorship for CNA certification, CPR and First Aid training, Mentorship program, Novare Management Essentials program, Dementia Friend certification program
Benefit-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Short-and long-term disability insurance
- Basic Life insurance – 100% covered by Clark
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefit details dependent on employment status.
Expectation of Clark Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Clark is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.
This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or Business
- 7 or more years of high-level accounting experience
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience within the business office setting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Job Title:
- 1551 FRANKLIN ST SE
- GRAND RAPIDS, MI, 49506
- United States
- Required Degree:
4 Year Degree