We have two positions available supporting multiple General Managers in different business functions.
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace well-being in its broadest sense and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
Handles a variety of activities and complex situations involving administrative support. Uses sound judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations and in dealing with confidential/sensitive information. Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the executive(s) for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, etc. Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources. Uses existing software and programs to compile, review and generate reports, statistics, timelines, graphs, correspondence and presentations. May assist in budget preparation, coordinate travel itineraries, expense reports and executive reporting using judgment and discretion.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and administrative skills.
· Ability to work independently and possess strong decision making skills.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise diplomacy and judgment.
· Thorough knowledge of company policy and procedures.
· Ability to effectively interact with all employees within the organization as well as global and external customers.
· Strong competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to learn Cisco telepresence, Skype for Business
· High School Diploma required.
· Associate Degree in business or related field preferred.
· Minimum three to five years proven administrative experience
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.