2nd Shift Warehouse Packer in training start at $18.64/hour (includes a $1.00 shift premium) plus hourly performance incentives! Our top performers make even more!
- Schedule: Sunday - Thursday 7PM until Finish. A Package Handler in this role works between 8 to 12 hours per night.
- Distribution Center Address: 4900 CLAY AVE SW, WYOMING, Michigan 49548-3075
- Direct Hire
- Benefits after 30 days!
- Weekly Pay!
Be part of a world where hard work and great pay create a place where you can learn by doing, meet new challenges, work alongside some of the greatest team members around, and have a little fun along the way.
Our distribution centers hire some of the best athletes in the business and we are excited you are ready to be part of it!
Here's a first-hand look at what it's like to be a Package Handler inside of our automated distribution center:
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Warehouse Packer (Batch Set-Up/Case Runners) are the key to ensuring all looped product is delivered to the right pack lanes in proper sequence and in an efficient manner to the right door. Our Case Runners loaders take great pride in ensuring accuracy in the scanning of all product into our system. Organization and teamwork are key here.
Like any job, there are some requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred).
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime as required -- holidays are very important to our restaurant customers!
- We have frozen products – your ability to work in extreme cold or hot conditions is required while you’re here
- And you'll hustle --- this is a fast-paced, physically demanding environment requiring constant walking, going up/down stairs and platforms, and handling product that weighs up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English (to read labels, pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions).
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage (including marijuana) and a background check.
- Valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what’s happening next in the process. We send updates via e-mail to let you know where you're in the process.
- Please watch our warehouse videos in this posting and in our Career's Website: https://jobs.gfs.com/career-areas#warehouse
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be Part of It!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.