You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Senior Information Technology Auditor at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Information Technology Auditor, you'll protect Herman Miller's IT assets by proactively identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective IT controls and processes. You will recommend appropriate new or compensating controls for identified deficiencies to management. You'll also conduct IT risk assessment and perform IT audits.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Conduct risk-based reviews of security technology controls in partnership with the Information Technology/Digital group, which helps ensure the stability of operations and security.
- Develop and maintain productive client and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Document referenced audit work papers in line with PCAOB standards.
- Optimize IT control structure and framework.
- Partner with internal business partners for the continuous enhancement of internal control structure.
- Perform business application and system development reviews to ensure proper controls are developed and maintained.
- Support the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, specifically IT General Controls.
- Collaborate with external auditors on audit planning, testing, and evaluation procedures, and ensure stability and compliance with audit and regulatory requirements/mandates. This includes conducting interviews, executing audit steps, and documenting work as you evaluate the effectiveness of Information Technology General Controls and system-dependent automated controls, reports, or queries throughout the environment.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm as an IT auditor or a similar position serving SEC clients.
- Experience reviewing SOC1 reports and assessing Complementary User Entity Controls.
- A track record in successful SOX controls optimization and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- The ability to identify and test/document Key SOX reports.
- Strong relationship building skills, specifically the ability to foster external relationships (SOX assessors, internal clients, and external auditors).
- The ability to apply judgment in evaluating IT risk and controls while understanding underlying business/IT processes.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying IT auditing principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks such as Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT), COSO, ISO27001, GDPR, and NIST.
- Knowledge of data privacy and governance principles, IT regulatory risks, and controls.
- An understanding of and/or experience with IT infrastructure operations, including network security, operating systems, databases, middleware, patch management, cloud security, and data center operations (e.g., disaster recovery, backups).
- An understanding of systems development, IT control frameworks, database management systems, SDLC, general IT controls, application controls, cyber security, COBIT, COSO, and SOX 404 requirements relating to IT systems and processes.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.