Title: Front Office Receptionist - Part Time Evenings
Location: Porter Hills Village, 3600 E. Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Hours: Evenings, 20 hours per week & rotating weekends
We are looking for some one who is kind, friendly, and a champion at multi-tasking!
- Maintain current resident/staff rosters
- Greet visitors, answer phones, direct to appropriate person or department
- Assist department directors and other staff in administrative matters
- Review the departments policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc., annually and make recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for postage stamps and meal ticket sales process and reconciling cash boxes
- Input ancillary charges
- Maintain employee roster and parking permits
- Sort mail and accept packages
- Coordinator room reservations and calendars
Benefits: Can vary based on options selected and Full Time or Part Time status. This list is not all-inclusive! Some highlights include:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone discount
- 401k with employer match
- Company sponsored HRA
- Tuition reimbursement
- Davenport University discount
- Most possess, as a minimum, a 12th; grade education or its equivalent.
- Must clearly demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action to remain calm during emergency situations.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with participants, personnel, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures, and guidelines.
- Must possess a cheerful personality and be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers, input/output data, etc.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 words per minute and operate or willing to learn Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to effectively use a 10-key calculator.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- 2 years or more experience working as a receptionist or office assistant
- Prior experience working with the elderly
Number of Openings
Porter Hills Village
About the Organization
Porter Hills is a care provider of choice in West Michigan, with a strong reputation and 43+ years of experience. Porter Hills invests in knowledge, programs and services that are redefining quality of life for seniors and their families in West Michigan. We model innovative practices that integrate care, community and commerce in exciting new ways. We lead strategic collaborations that bring out the best in the elder care sector for the benefit of all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.