Patient Registration Representative - Patient Registration * Shift Varies - Resource
Requisition #: req90
FTE status: 0
This is a resource/on-call position with no guarantee for hours (not part-time or full-time.) Location will vary between working at the Hospital and at our Health Park East building.
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Access Manager, the patient registration representative is responsible to obtain demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt insurance reimbursement.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- College Education: 1-2 years preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Associate Certification (CHAA) preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in Hospital, Medical Registration/Billing experience required or equivalent medical schooling.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-9/10 recommended.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtain demographic, financial, and insurance information from patients and/or their representatives to ensure prompt insurance reimbursement.
- Verify insurance for patients through Real Time Eligibility.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles, and any outstanding balance accounts.
- Completes Epic work queues daily.
- Completes accounts in AHIQA daily.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation.
- Required to work on-call and holiday schedules.
- Ability to utilize a workstation on wheels (WOW) when completing bedside registrations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all situations.
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Category: Admin & Clerical, Customer Service, Health Care