HR Specialist (Compensation and Retirement) * Days - 40hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE)
Under limited direction, the HR Specialist is accountable for a wide range of HR functions including Compensation, HRIS and Retirement Plan Administration. The Human Resources Specialist is accountable for maintaining the data and integrity of numerous HRIS database systems and coordinating the HR reporting process. The HR Specialist is expected to exercise independent judgment to identify, analyze, develop, implement, and maintain numerous human resource projects, processes and related issues in accordance with current internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management or closely related field strongly preferred.
- Certification as a Professional in Human Resources preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of directly related Human Resources (compensation, HRIS, and/or retirement plan administration) experience required.
- Strong interpersonal communication/customer service skills
- Presentation skills: verbal and written
- Organizational skills: time management, project management, priority setting.
- Strong computer skills: word, excel, access, PowerPoint
- High degree of analytical ability, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high volume of work while maintaining the quality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily administration of the 403(b) retirement savings and pension plans. Reviews, audits and processes required participant documentation to ensure they are processed in a timely manner and in conjunction with the plan rules.
- Assists with the annual participant distributions, compliance testing and audits for all retirement plans.
- Maintains numerous HRIS database systems through information collecting, personnel data entry, system analysis and system maintenance including the download and dissemination of information to other appropriate hospital systems.
- Provides timely and accurate support to resolve application errors and user reported problems. Acts as a resource / subject matter expert for department staff and provides documented solution alternatives to problems/issues including ad hoc reports. Escalates reported system issues to the IT technical support as needed.
- Provides user training and education to managers, HR and operations staff.
- Identifies departmental and management data needs in order to develop and provide timely ad hoc reports.
- In collaboration with IT staff, assists in the evaluation of system hardware and software products, performs testing of software, develops inclusive application test plans and validates application requirements are met.
- Participates in national and local market surveys and completes annual and periodic market analysis.
- Drafts, reviews and maintains the job description library.
- In coordination with department leadership, is accountable for administering the mid-year and annual merit evaluation processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may including but are not limited to: Assisting with other Human Resources functions as assigned, maintaining a current knowledge base of use standards professional practice, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req3611FTE status: 1