Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.The primary purpose of this position is to support on-time delivery of products in a cost effective manner.
What You'll be Doing:
- Carrier selection and performance management to meet 100% on-time promotion and 99% on-time replenishment.
- Vendor Management to support on-time shipping and arrival.
- Executing against supply chain plans at lowest transportation cost while maintaining on-time service.
- Manage carriers to 99% or greater on-time performance.
- Facilitate timely and accurate freight bill payment.
- Efficiently coordinate in-bound deliveries from global origins to distribution centers; support distribution centers' operational goals.
- Lead team in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- Leading team in achieving operational excellence while developing future supply chain leaders.
- Stay current in profession, and develop and implement new ideas.
- Collaborate with peers across the function and lead initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage external business relationships in line with Meijer code of ethics and business conduct.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing a supply chain or logistics team.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, database reporting tools and Lean Logistics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work through cross-functional challenges while problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to use time effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to set and carry out priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be action oriented and not concerned about acting in situations where there may not be exact clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to both small nuances and complex situations in a way to figure out the process necessary to get things done.
- Demonstrated ability to work with mathematical constructs.
- Demonstrated effective planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to measure performance standards against goals and evaluate results.
- Demonstrated ability to marshal resources to get things done. Demonstrated ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated skill to design practices, protocol, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business work as it relates to supply chain operations.