The Site Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in a Fulfillment Center to execute company WHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizan’s, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. A successful Site WHS manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and WHS data analysis.
The Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon WHS policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our WHS standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the WHS landscape. The Site WHS will possess excellent WHS program knowledge as well as Workplace and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The Site WHS Manager will lead a team of hourly WHS team members: WHS Specialist, WHS Coordinators, and Onsite Medical Representatives. You will create and execute leadership development plans for your WHS Associates on the team. They will communicate WHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their WHS teams and ensure they are executing the core competencies of an Amazon WHS professional.
Site WHS ManagerResponsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon WHS Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in WHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze WHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the WHS risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site WHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Global WHS Database entries to be aligned with global WHS standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Lead and mentor WHS Associates in your assigned FC.
· Spend time at the fulfillment centers and seek input from WHS teams, Associates and leaders on WHS program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required WHS training.
· 3+ years of growing responsibilities in EHS or WHS and/or Workplace programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading multiple direct reports and/or multiple sites
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental, ergonomics or a related field required, or 2+ years Amazon work experience
· Experience with OSHA and other health and WHS regulatory requirements
· Must be flexible regarding shifts - ***This is a night shift role****
· Distribution Center or Manufacturing WHS experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Certified EHS/HSE/WHS Professional preferred
· OSHA certification
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us