Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.Responsible for partnering with store leadership to drive operational productivity, capacity and efficiency through the development of engineered labor standards. They will also apply industrial engineering concepts to forecast accurate future budgets, including sales, customer counts, and item movement.
What You'll be Doing:
- Build and maintain engineered labor standards, including time and motion studies, process optimization, and process documentation.
- Audit and update standards for changes in conditions.
- Update and maintain calculations to be used as a part of P&L processing each period to allocate labor to correct departments.
- Educate store leadership and corporate office teams on labor concepts to improve understanding and acceptance as a key data point in decision making.
- Work with store operations and scheduling teams to create SOPs based on engineered standards.
- Provide labor based ROI comparisons on anticipated business ventures or processes.
- Monitor performance reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis providing key call outs to store leadership to assist in managing the effective use of store labor.
- Answer any and all questions related to stores labor budgets.
- The candidate must have the ability to assess and discuss the human and organizational impacts of major change on an existing operation and facilitate the exchange of ideas between engineering, management, and team members.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; other duties may be assigned or required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 3.0+ GPA required.
- 2+ years of retail experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with a labor model including creating engineered standards, time studies, ROIs, and labor budgeting.
- Experience working with data to analyze root causes, implement long term solutions, and leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities.
- Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from senior leadership to team members.
- Ability to teach individuals and groups on complex topics.
- Strong skill in Microsoft Excel and other office products.
- Experience with Labor Reporting systems, MOST and Standards Pro. Experience with Empower, Kronos, or equivalent.