RN Quality Coordinator - Quality Management * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req448
FTE status: 1
The Quality Coordinator is a registered nurse with responsibility for the development, implementation, and monitoring of quality improvement and patient safety activities related to the Spine Collaboratives.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing. Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Michigan R.N. license.
- Minimum of three years acute care, ICU cardiology or critical care nursing experience (optional).
- Minimum of two years QI experience preferred.
- Skill and proficiency in applying quality principles and concepts.
- Exhibits communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of internal and external customers, including, but not limited to, medical staff, patients, families, clinical personnel, support and technical staff, outside agencies, and the community.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware applications. Experience with Epic preferred.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, make decisions and take appropriate action when concerns arise.
- Ability to work with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Ability to make effective decisions, judgment, and incorporate problem-solving methods.
- High degree of professionalism is essential for all contacts with patients, families, staff, and co-workers
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with clinical documentation specialists to improve clinical documentation.
- Provides quality and patient safety education specific to spine surgical services.
- Acts as a consultant, educator, and facilitator for spine services quality improvement and patient safety initiatives.
- Maintains primary responsibility for cardiology indicators and registries including data abstraction; analysis and presentation of results; identification of opportunities for improvement; and development and implementation of education and corrective action plans.
- Actively involved in spine surgical services and serves on the teams/committees as requested.
- Promotes activities to gain recognition for Metro Health as a leader in performance improvement and patient safety specifically related to spine services.
- Maintains current knowledge of laws, regulations, healthcare trends and accreditation standards; provides education, and coordinates the preparation, monitoring, and developing of mechanisms to comply with standards and surveys specifically related to spine services.
- Pursues and inspires others to achieve excellence and an error free environment;
- Promotes and maintains a non-punitive culture of service excellence, safety, and continuous quality improvement.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.