Maintenance Tech opportunity for 2nd shift available in Grand Rapids today!!
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is a privately held manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $40 million in annual sales and 330 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Juarez, Mexico. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 69th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2017, up 9 spots from 2016. The company is looking to grow organically and acquisitively with plans of $50+ million revenue in the next 3-5 years. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 23 of its 25 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of plastic extrusion equipment. Perform mechanical/electrical maintenance and preventive maintenance paying attention to quality customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventative maintenance, equipment repairs, equipment improvement, equipment upgrades and equipment installations on the factory equipment in assigned areas.
- Responds to calls from production for emergency repairs or down equipment in a timely manner.
- Performs a variety of service work in one or more specialized building system such as, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Machine Servicing, etc.
- Identifies and improves safety issues within production areas.
- Ensures all issues and projects are addressed appropriately and efficiently
- Consults with other Maintenance, Engineering and Manufacturing employees to identify and resolve all maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Assist in start up and shut down of plant as needed.
- Ensures that maintenance coverage for production areas is provided at all times.
- Maintain 5S environment in work area and Tool Shop.
- Follows lock out tag out procedures and all other safety rules where required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Industrial Maintenance Certificate preferred
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office
- Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Lock-Out Tagout Experience Preferred
- Experience with MIOSHA Standards Preferred
- Positive teamwork and attitude required to support the manufacturing environment.
- Great mechanical/electrical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems with the use of basic maintenance shop tools.
- Experience with an ERP or PM system preferred.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Hearing protection preferred in many areas of the company
- Safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toe shoes must be worn on the production floor