Do you have global technology consulting experience deploying technologies, platforms or solutions in the Manufacturing or Automotive Industry? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to deliver AWS or other cloud platforms, understand technologies enabling autonomous vehicles, connected cars, or infrastructure solutions for a Automotive customers?
At AWS, we are hiring Senior Automotive Consultants into our Professional Services team to focused on cloud computing technology to help our partners and customers develop, deploy and drive new platforms, solutions.
The position requires a blend of skills including strong business acumen, Cloud Infrastructure Architecture, Enterprise Applications knowledge and of the connected vehicle ecosystem, industry strategies and requirements surrounding Industry 4.0/ Smart Factories, connected products, and future technology trends.
AWS Senior Consultants delivers “hands-on” customer solutions building in the AWS environment, supports the largest AWS automotive customers with AWS adoption, technology guidance, lead POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership workshops.
AWS Senior Consultants collaborate directly with global Automotive customers and partners addressing workflow performance, cloud workloads, security, compliance, scale, availability and manageability.
AWS Senior Consultants provide leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non- technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
At AWS, we are looking for experienced Automotive technology consultants with deep technical expertise in their specialty area with an ability to travel both domestic and internationally. They will have strong relevant industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Senior Consultants will acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global Automotive customer architects and IT leaders.
AWS Senior Consultants will also collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and web-based services to enable future in-vehicle technologies and data analytics transformation.
The team will collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS Partners to accelerate their transition to cloud-based AWS services.
· Customer Engagements - Collaborate with AWS sales leaders and internal engineering teams driving design and platform adoption for major Manufacturing customers on the AWS platform.
· Industry Leadership - Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global customer requirements.
· Delivery for Customers – Hands on building in the AWS platform to support use cases across the automotive industry.
· Support Sales Teams - Support short cycle on-site client projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
· Technology Leadership - Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global Manufacturing partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Greengrass, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AI Services (LEX), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
· Develop Partnerships - Develop Manufacturing industry solution roadmaps for customers, partners and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large Manufacturing industry customers.
· Industry Expertise Transfer - Work with global AWS professional services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with ProServe leadership to stay-ahead of the leading-edge platform services and be able to deploy quickly. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
· Customer Advocacy - Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major Manufacturing customers and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver Value - Lead and manage delivery of a key Manufacturing ProServe technical engagements with customers and partners in the Smart Factory, manufacturing, and IT environments
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Customer Requirements - Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work
· Customer Facing - Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems . Hands on building.
· Manufacturing Partners - Work with relevant partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer’s project requirements
· Technical, Architecture & Code Support - Contribute development artifacts to the internal AWS Manufacturing community as appropriate.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· 7+ years of consulting, product management, or solutions development experience within the automotive related directly related to in vehicle connectivity or connected products
· 5 years’ experience enabling the future the connected manufacturing environment, connected car, or enabling “Industry 4.0” solutions
· 5+ years’ experience delivering technology solutions to Automotive customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable technologies and cloud services
· 2+ years of international sales and delivery experience with global industrial manufacturing, IOT providers, telecommunication providers, or partners
· Bachelors degree and/or relevant experience
· Hands on experience in developing for the Automotive industry within an AWS environment
· 3+ years of demonstrated thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Automotive cloud-based enterprises related to Internet of Things (IOT) in a manufacturing environment
· Recent experience (within the last two years) using AWS services in distributed environments with Key AWS Automotive customers
· 5+ years of automotive industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions
· Advanced degrees in engineering, math, business and/or computer science